Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration Rings Swap

On one of my Yahoo groups, I joined an Inspiration Ring Swap. We were sent 12 kraft paper rings that we were supposed to decoration in any way. Here are my rings:
I first glued them to various pieces of vintage paper, and then watercolored them, after that they all got different details.

Starting at the top left: Purple, I added a piece of ribbon and a circle cut out of some Egyptian money; Flowers, I love flowers and the brightness they add to things, so I used various forms of flowers on this one; Fabric, I love using fabric for my art, so I added a lace flower to this one.

Starting at the top left: Dress, this started with the dress, I added the head and some yarn for hair; Bling, this started with the adhesive jewels at the bottom, the bird is from a Valentine kit and I thought the heart just went with it; "Send a boy to camp", this one all started with the green stamp that says "Send a boy to camp", I then found other stamps that went with it; Bliss, everything on this one is rub-ons, I love the lady under her umbrella; Buttons, I love collecting and using buttons in my artwork, so I had to use some here, they're all vintage buttons.

Starting at the top left: Leaves, there are paper punches, a glittered plastic leaf, and a leaf button; Ribbons, this is my favorite (so much that I made an extra, so I could keep it), I layered some bright colored ribbons, a feather and some buttons; Birds, I used a dictionary bird, one out of wallpaper, and a sticker; Butterflies, I may add something 3D to this one, there are paper punches, a sticker and a plastic butterfly; Flower, I love the simplicity of this one, the flower sticker just goes so well with the yellow background.

These will be going out in the mail tomorrow, I hope everyone likes them. As I mentioned above, I couldn't part with Ribbons, so I created a 13th circle to send in. I seem to do that a lot with my work, when I make something I try to keep one for myself.

No comments: